Our Real Estate market in the North Tahoe and Truckee region has continued with an activity level greater than expected. Here are the activity statistics for the sales of Single Family Homes and Condominiums in North Tahoe and Truckee, excluding Donner Summit, Sierra County & Surrounding Areas, in the time period between 3/18/20 to the morning of 3/30/20.
- Total listing count of 411 units
- 87 listings were in escrow (21%) On 3/17 22% of our total listings were in escrow.
- 3 listings went into escrow since 3/17
- Total Active listings – 324
- 17 new listings since 3/17/20 with Median Price of $725,000
- 12 of the new listings were priced under $1 million, 5 over that price
- 23 listings closed escrow since 3/17 with a Median Price of $689,000
- 16 of the closed listing were priced under $1million, 7 over that price
- Of the 324 Active listings 150 are priced over $1 million (46%)
- 174 of the Active listings a re priced under $1 million (54%)
- There are 60 listings priced from $600,000 to $800,000 and 37 from $800,000 t0 $999.999.
Despite the current lock down Realtors and our clients are still finding ways to conduct business. Remember, as I said last week, that interest rates right now are at record lows, there are good properties that are priced to sell and historically over time real estate has out preformed the stock market. This may be a great time to purchase a second home or for an existing homeowner to move up in the market.
Contact me if you would like to discuss the real estate opportunities in the North Tahoe truckee market.
Greg Rankin and Chase International do not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Statistical information gathered from the Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service. Not all real estate transactions in our area go through MLS, therefore, this information may not be completely accurate. CalBRE License #00826938